Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I Dream of Hope

Walking towards a new destiny,
a disdained gloomy future,
but there you were waiting, standing by me,
I stumbled, I fell, I moved away,
confused, disoriented, lacking belief,
unknowing what lies ahead, I took the leap,
But you were there, watching over me,

I ran as fast as I could, I swam across and into the depths,
I screamed, in pain and misery,
resonating in me the will and your strength,
I saw you smiling back at me,
Disgraced, damaged, I shielded myself,
Engulfed in a cocoon of self-induced banishment,
Disrespected, dishonored your existence in me,
clouded emotions, discerning my inner-belief,
In a distant hope, I felt you miles away, waiting

Humiliated with my own self-induced pain,
Disloyal to my sub-conscious, 
Vividly dreaded thoughts overpowering,
I searched for you in my memories,
withdrawn from emotions, 
a blabbering uncontrolled state,
Who was I ? what am I? I failed to recognize,
It was not your fault but mine,
yet I dreamed to reunite,

Why do I still breathe? why am I alive?
Is it a foolish dream I chase,
Is it why I ran away? I know now I was wrong,
too stubborn, too rigid, I struggled to escape,
to find a balance of passion and life
Emerging out from the cocoon of despair,
Tumbling to find a grip, yearning,
To cherish those memories again,
to feel alive with your touch,
to be born again with you as my wings,
soaring away into the endless light,
and breathe into a new life.

Is it just a dream? 
Will I ever wake up to see you,
Standing there, holding me,
watching over me, for all I have realized,
My purpose, My life are incomplete,
I always believed, I always knew,
on this crossroads of life,
I would be waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment